Sorry it’s been so long since the last post. I was caught up in finals, followed by several weeks of sleeping.
Ingredients for fish:
1 filet of Steelhead trout – I apologize for the misleading title, but Steelhead trout tastes, looks, and smells exactly like salmon. Until recently I thought I was buying salmon because the store labels it as “Steelhead” with no species description. The point is that Steelhead trout is a less expensive alternative to salmon with the the same taste.
Juice of 1 lemon
Ingredients for stir fry:
2 lb baby bok choy
~ 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped or minced
6 heads of garlic, minced
1 carrot, sliced finely
1.5 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
- Wash the fish
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and put the fish on it
- Cover with lemon juice
- Broil on high 10 minutes for every inch of depth (I broiled for 10 minutes)
- Chop the baby bok choy at the base of the head, where the various stems meet. Throw out the rest. No need to chop or discard any more!
- Mince the garlic
- Chop or mince the fresh ginger
- Slice the carrot at a diagonal so you end up with nice thin wedges
- Put the oils in a wok or frying pan. Throw in all the vegetables. Sautee until fragrant and the bok choy is slightly wilted. You don’t want to cook it too long, otherwise it will become soggy and sad.